Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. warrants its full range of products against defects in workmanship and materials, fair wear and tear accepted, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of delivery/collection for all equipment, with the exception of PV solar panels, or other products, which may carry a different warranty if specified by Sinetech as per relevant quotations. Warranties specified in manufacturer’s manuals are not Sinetech warranties and may not apply in South Africa and should not be taken as the warranty offered by Sinetech. Warranties are based on a bring-in-basis where the equipment is of a size that it can be brought into Sinetech’s workshop. Where the size and installation of the product makes it impractical to bring-in to our workshops, Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right to charge for travel time and kilometers travelled to and from the site where the product is installed. During this warranty year period, Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. will, at its own discretion, repair or replace the defective product free of charge. This warranty will be considered void if the unit has suffered any physical damage or alteration, either internally or externally, and does not cover damages arising from improper use such as, but not exclusive to:
- Reverse of battery polarity
- Inadequate or incorrect connection of the product and/or of its accessories
- Mechanical shock or deformation
- Contact with liquid or oxidation by condensation
- Use in an inappropriate environment (dust, corrosive vapour, humidity, high temperature, biological infestation.)
- Breakage or damage due to lightning, surges, spikes or other electrical occurrences
- Connection terminals and screws destroyed or other damage such as overheating due to insufficient tightening of terminals
- When considering any electronic breakage except due to lightning, reverse polarity, over-voltage, etc. the state of the internal control circuitry determines the warranty
This warranty will not apply where the product has been misused, neglected, improperly installed, or repaired by anyone else than Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. or one of its authorised Qualified Service Partners. In order to qualify for the warranty, the product must not be disassembled or modified. Repair or replacement are our sole remedies and Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. shall not be liable for damages, whether direct, incidental, special, or consequential, even caused by negligence or fault. Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. owns all parts removed from repaired products. Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. uses new or re-conditioned parts made by various manufacturers in performing warranty repairs and building replacement products. If Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. repairs or replaces a part of a product, its warranty term is not extended. The repair itself will carry a three month warranty. Removal of serial nos. may void the warranty.
Your responsibility to other parties:
These products are sold by Sinetech to you. You understand and acknowledge in purchasing the product/s from Sinetech that you are aware of the capability and the use for which the product was designed and that, if you sell, deliver or make available the product to a third party, you will ensure that the third party is made aware of the capability and uses associated with the product. You also undertake to provide the manual that is supplied with the product to any third party whom you may make the product available to. You understand and acknowledge that should any installation of the product be conducted, Sinetech does not accept any liability for incorrect installations to which we are not an active party in the installation. Further, you indemnify and hold Sinetech harmless against any loss, action, claim, harm or damage, of whatever nature, suffered by yourself, any agent acting on your behalf or any employee/consultant of your company as well as any third party to whom you may make the product available. All remedies and the measure for damages are limited to the above. Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. shall in no event be liable for consequential, incidental, contingent or special damages, even if having been advised of the probability of such damages. Any and all other warranties expressed or implied arising by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade or otherwise, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, are limited in duration to a period of three (3) months for repairs carried out by Sinetech and six (6) months from the date of purchase for fitness for a particular purposed.
System specific Terms & Conditions
Due to the technical and complex nature of our products and systems, the following warranty terms apply to all standby and solar systems which incorporate our products:
- If a Product/s is purchased from Sinetech but neither the system design nor the installation/commissioning was done by Sinetech, the warranty only applies to the product/s supplied and not to the functioning of a system in which the product/s is/are used. There are no returns or warranties on product/s incorrectly sized, installed or damaged through incorrect system design.
- If a Product/s is purchased from Sinetech, the system design was done by Sinetech but the installation/commissioning was not done by Sinetech, the warranty only applies to the product/s supplied and not to the functioning of the system in which the product/s is/are used.
- If a Product is purchased from Sinetech and the design and commissioning is done by Sinetech but the installation is done by others, Sinetech’s warranty applies for the product and the functioning of the system in which the product/s is used.
- If a Product is purchased from Sinetech and the design, installation and commissioning is done by Sinetech. Sinetech’s warranty applies for the product and the correct functioning of the system in which the product/s is used.
- Sinetech cannot guarantee the functioning or performance of a system if Sinetech’s product/s are not used and/or are mixed with other components not endorsed by Sinetech.
- If the system is designed by Sinetech and you wish to make use of your own installer and would like the system performance warranty to apply to the functioning of the system, commissioning must be done and signed off by Sinetech.
- Sinetech can provide a detailed system design and drawing for the installer at an additional cost, based on the system size. However, should the installation be done incorrectly, Sinetech cannot be held liable for components or equipment damage or non-performance of the system.
- If a system is not designed / installed or commissioned by Sinetech, for call outs, any assistance required is chargeable at the then ruling hourly and km rates.
- If units are returned to Sinetech, only hourly rates and any spares required will be charged for.
How to Handle and Store Batteries – ensure the battery is fully charged before storage
It is imperative to refer to the battery manufacturers specifications and recommendations. Open flames or sparks can cause explosions!
Batteries should be stored in a cool, dry (20-25°C) place and out of direct sunlight. Tilting a semi-sealed battery can cause acid to leak through the over pressure relief vents. Batteries must always be transported and stored in an upright position. Under no circumstances should any tools or objects be placed on top of a battery. All battery connections must be carried out with appropriate and preferably isolated tools! No battery should be stored in a discharged or partly discharged condition as this will damage the battery. When storing a battery for long periods of time, check the voltage every 3 – 6 months. If the voltage (OCV) drops below 12.5V, recharge the battery. Check the hydrometer periodically. If indicators appear black, recharge the battery immediately even if the storage period has been less than 3 – 6 months. Do not discard any battery but return to nearest recycling depot for proper handling and de-commissioning. Remember that batteries can be extremely dangerous if handled incorrectly !
How to Handle other equipment:
Manuals are supplied with all equipment sold by Sinetech. Please read the instruction manual before using.
Life Support Policy:
As a general policy, Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. does not recommend the use of any of its products in life support applications where failure or malfunction of the Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. product can be reasonably expected to cause failure of the life support device or to significantly affect its safety or effectiveness. Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. does not recommend the use of any of its products in direct patient care. Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. will not knowingly sell its products for use in such applications unless it receives in writing assurances satisfactory to Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. that the risks of injury or damage have been minimised, the customer assumes all such risks, and the Liability of Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. is adequately protected under the circumstances.
CAUTION: Our products are sensitive equipment. While all care is taken by us to dispatch goods with adequate packaging, Sinetech (Pty) Ltd. is not responsible for any damaged caused to products after they have left our premises. Semi-sealed batteries have to be transported upright and must not be put on their side. Please ensure that your transport company or delivery team is aware of the sensitivity of the products they are collecting.
Goods return policy:
The following terms apply to returns of items purchased from Sinetech :
1. Details of the item(s) you would like to return. 2. Our invoice number. 3. The reason for the return.
- The goods must be returned to Sinetech within 7 days of the date the goods were purchased. Cut cable, fuses and batteries are non-returnable.
- Goods have to be returned in their original condition with original undamaged packaging and manuals, cables or any other items which were supplied with the original item.
- All items returned will be inspected prior to refund. If our technicians are not immediately available, the goods will have to be left with us until such time as a technician is available to check the items.
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. The price paid by the customers is the price on which the refund is based.
- Items purchased can be returned for a refund, replacement or exchange, provided proof of purchase is provided and subject to all other conditions as set down here.
- All returns may be subject to an administration and handling fee of to cover the cost of returning the goods to saleable condition.
- A 20% administration fee is applicable to cancelled orders.
Returns will be refused in the following circumstances:
- Where an item has been tampered with, altered or damaged in any way.
- Where a return is deemed to be unreasonable, this will be referred to management.
Severability If a part of the terms and conditions set out above is held invalid, void or unenforceable due to any particular national or international legislation, it shall not affect other parts of the terms and conditions remaining. (ref CPA10)