- For the purposes of the ECT act, Sinetech (PTY) Ltd.’s information is as follows, and should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the website:
- Full name: Sinetech (PTY) Ltd, a private company registered in South Africa with registration number 2015/279933/07
- Main business: retailer
- Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): 2 Samantha street, Strijdom park, Randburg, Gauteng, 2125 (marked for attention: CEO)
- Phone number: +27 11 886 7874
- Email address: email@example.com
- Reference: all references to Sinetech mean Sinetech (PTY) Ltd
- For the purposes of the ECT act, Sinetech (PTY) Ltd.’s information is as follows, and should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the website:
- These terms and conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the consumer protection act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
- No content in these terms and conditions is intended to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations for either Sinetech or you, the consumer.
- You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these terms and conditions to any third party.
- Any failure on the part of you or Sinetech to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the terms and conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- These website terms and conditions (“terms and conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of goods, and the use of the website.
- These terms and conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using and registering on the website you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.It is your responsibility to contact Sinetech should you require any clarification on any of the listed provisions within these terms and conditions.Do not use the website if you do not agree to the terms and conditions.
- The website https://store.Sinetech.co.za/ and any related mobi-sites and software applications (the “website”) and is owned and operated by Sinetech.
- Sinetech may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the website or the user’s right to use the website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
- You must register to order from the website. You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these terms and conditions.You agree to notify Sinetech immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the website, you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these terms and conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You agree not to use the website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Sinetech representative.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Sinetech is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information. Should you so require we will delete your personal information from our database, on written notice by you, and upon completion of all obligations between Sinetech and yourself. This will in no way create an obligation for Sinetech to ensure that your personal information is deleted from third party databases. Should there be any legal proceedings between Sinetech and yourself, Sinetech will delete your personal information, as per your notice, upon finalisation of all legal disputes.
- All notices in terms of these terms and conditions must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, telefax or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
- By hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- By prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
- By email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “read receipt” notification. All email communications between you and us must make use of the “read receipt” function to serve as proof that an email has been
- These terms and conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
- Please refer to our returns policy for more information about returning products (and related refunds, replacements or repairs). The returns policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these terms and conditions).
Sales and availability of stock
- Registered users may place orders for goods, which Sinetech may accept or reject. Whether or not Sinetech accepts an order depends on the availability of goods, correctness of the information relating to the goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by Sinetech for the goods.
- Note: Sinetech will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Sinetech come into effect (the “sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Sinetech stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Sinetech will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Prior to delivery or your collection of the goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the goods, you may return the goods only in accordance with the returns policy. All cancelled orders are liable to incur a 20% handling fee.
- Placing goods in a wish-list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such goods, and as such, goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Sinetech liable if such goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that stock of all goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of goods for sale by Sinetech, Sinetech will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Sinetech will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such goods.
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of goods on the website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Whether the goods are for sale by Sinetech payment can be made for goods via –
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Instant EFT;
- Once you have selected your payment method (save for cash on delivery or direct bank deposit), you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the goods.
- All payments have to appear on our bank account before goods are released, unless otherwise specifically stated in our quotation.
- Prices quoted are subject to exchange rate fluctuations and any variation will be for the customer’s account should the invoice value change between quotation and order placement.
- Quotations are valid for 15 calendar days from the date of the quotation for existing stock only. Quoting of existing stock does not in any way reserve the stock on your behalf and in no way guarantees that the stock will be available when you want to complete the sale at a later stage. Should stock become unavailable during the 15 calendar day period, the quotation will lapse.
- All quotations are subject to our payment terms.
Delivery of goods
- Sinetech offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of goods to you. You may elect delivery via:
- Courier; or
- Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you. You will see the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.
- Where it accepts your order, Sinetech will deliver the goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, we will notify you if we are unable to deliver the goods during the delivery period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price. Should any delays which are beyond Sinetech’s control take place, Sinetech will not be liable for any costs or losses incurred by the customer through such a delay.
- Sinetech’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. Sinetech is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
- Insurance is an additional cost levied on the purchase for a small %. Should you require any additional insurance you need to request this at check out.
- Solar panels are not covered by our courier companys insurance, please ensure if you require these to be insured, you request this at check out.
- While Sinetech provides professional advice regarding the usage of goods supplied, the suitability of the goods for the use contemplated by the client is the sole responsibility of the client, and the company shall in no way be responsible for the suitability of the goods sold for any particular end use.
- Units are packed in cardboard packaging. Units will only be palleted or crated on request and this special packaging will be charged for as an extra.
- Where the goods are not delivered by Sinetech, or collected by the customer, but are collected or delivered to an independent carrier, collection/delivery to the carrier shall be deemed to be delivery to the customer. Where the goods have been delivered to the carrier, Sinetech is not responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit.
- Sinetech is not responsible for any loss or damaged caused while goods are in transit where the customer has rejected our quotation for special packaging.
- There are two types of coupons; a coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“fixed coupon “), and a coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“percentage coupon“).
- Coupons are issued in Sinetech’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a coupon has been distributed in an unauthorised manner). Users do not have a right to coupons, and coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific coupon itself:
- Each coupon can only be used once;
- Only one coupon can be used per order;
- Only one coupon can be used on the website per person per promotion/campaign;
- Percentage coupons may only be redeemed on purchases with a total cart value of less than R5,000;
- Where a percentage coupon has been used and you wish to cancel any items in the order prior to making payment, the entire order must be cancelled. You will be issued with a new percentage coupon and will need to place the order again, without the item that you wished to cancel;
- A coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
- The value of the coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. Sinetech is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or distribution of a coupon.
Warranty & returns:
- Units are warranted against faulty workmanship and components for a period of twelve months from date of supply against faulty workmanship or material; unless Sinetech specifies a different period. Manufacturers’ warranties specified in manuals are not Sinetech’s warranties and may not apply in South Africa. Fair wear and tear excepted. No other warranty is given or implied. A copy of our full warranty policy and returns policy is available on request or from the home page of our website www.Sinetech.co.za/warranty.pdf.
- Returns must be made within 7 days and are subject to handling fees. Cut cable, fuses and batteries are non-returnable.
- Any item not specified is excluded from this quotation. Delivery, commissioning, installation and electrical work are excluded unless specifically quoted.
- The issuing of a quotation or a pro forma invoice issued as a quotation represents no obligation until Sinetech accepts the customer’s official purchase order.
- All quotations and prices therein are provided e&oe (errors and omissions excepted – 052013).
System specific terms & conditions
Due to the technical and complex nature of our products and systems, the following warranty terms apply to all standby and solar systems which incorporate our products:
- If a product/s is purchased from Sinetech but neither the system design nor the installation/commissioning was done by Sinetech, the warranty only applies to the product/s supplied and not to the functioning of a system in which the product/s is/are used. There are no returns or warranties on product/s incorrectly sized, installed or damaged through incorrect system design.
- If a product/s is purchased from Sinetech, the system design was done by Sinetech, but the installation/commissioning was not done by Sinetech, the warranty only applies to the product/s supplied and not to the functioning of the system in which the product/s is/are used.
- If a product is purchased from Sinetech and the design and commissioning is done by Sinetech, but the installation is done by others, Sinetech’s warranty applies for the product and the functioning of the system in which the product/s is used.
- If a product is purchased from Sinetech and the design, installation and commissioning is done by Sinetech. Sinetech’s warranty applies for the product and the correct functioning of the system in which the product/s is used.
- Sinetech cannot guarantee the functioning or performance of a system if Sinetech’s product/s are not used and/or are mixed with other components not endorsed by Sinetech.
- If the system is designed by Sinetech and you wish to make use of your own installer and would like the system performance warranty to apply to the functioning of the system, commissioning must be done and signed off by Sinetech.
- Sinetech can provide a detailed system design and drawing for the installer at an additional cost, based on the system size. However, should the installation be done incorrectly, Sinetech cannot be held liable for components or equipment damage or non-performance of the system.
- If a system is not designed / installed or commissioned by Sinetech, for call outs, any assistance required is chargeable at the then ruling hourly and km rates.
- If units are returned to Sinetech, only hourly rates and any spares required will be charged for.
Changes to these terms and conditions
- Sinetech may, in its sole discretion, change any of these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these terms and conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the website.
- Any such change will only apply to your use of this website after the change is displayed on the website. If you use the website after such amended terms and conditions have been displayed on the website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
- When you visit the website or send emails to us, you consent to receiving communications from us or any of our divisions or partners .
- The use of the website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the website or reliance on any information on the website.
- Sinetech disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
- Although goods sold from the website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the website itself and all information provided on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these terms and conditions, Sinetech also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Sinetech, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. Sinetech thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the website.
Limitation of liability
- Sinetech cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Sinetech, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors.
- Sinetech shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, the website or the content contained in the website; or your inability to use the website, and/or unlawful activity on the website.
- You hereby indemnify Sinetech against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of this website.